Saturday, October 1, 2011

I AM


After a while I learnt the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul.


I realized that love does not mean leaning and company does not mean security.


I learnt that kisses are not contracts and presents are not promises.


I began to accept defeats with my head up and eyes open with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.


I learnt to build all my roads on today,because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans, and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.


After a while I learnt that even sunshine burns if one got too much of it.
So I plant my own garden and decorate my own soul,instead of waiting for someone to bring me flowers.


I realized that I really can endure, that I really am strong, and I really do have worth.


I still learn and realize, with every breath I still do realize, relearn & remember who I am.


I know now that I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment